Monday, October 8, 2012

A New Season, A New Take on Life

       After several months of procrastinating I have finally come around to posting on my blog. My life has visited considerable paths this past spring and summer. It seems that every corner of my life has been altered in some way as an artist, a wife, a mother, a nanny, and a Christian. Future posts will expand on each of these as my journey continues.
       As I have been reading, praying, and meditating I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to what is really working in our lives, it is the heart that truly knows. If we genuinely feel and listen with our heart it can lead us in the right direction. Our heart can also tell us when we've gone in the wrong direction and this may be something that sends us into denial. We may not like what our heart is saying but we have choices.
        At times we become stagnant in our lives and welcome change. We dream, fantasize, and hope. Some dreams may need to be put on hold but do not abandon them completely for dreams come true when actions begin and when our Higher Power creates the path for it.
       "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." -Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post and a beautiful painting. Is this the piece that you spoke about regarding the color palette? If so, I LOVE those colors. They are rich and earthy and convey a depth of feeling. Your personal journey is parallel to your artistic journey. It has to be that way. Our art is a reflection of who we are. Thanks so much for sharing that feeling of change that we women have inside of us. After so many years of letting our roles as mothers (and whatever else) define us... now we have to look at the person that is left when all those roles melt away. It's scary, but exciting too! Keep posting, I'll be reading!

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

Thanks Katherine. This is actually one of several reference photos I take for my art. My palette is changing slightly as I move from drawing to drawing, similar to my journey through life. How intuitive you are. My drawings are becoming a deeper part of my expressions. At first I was fearful but now I enjoy putting my emotions down on paper. It's very much like therapy. Thank you Katherine for your support!