Friday, January 20, 2012

Choosing the Glass Half Full

Anyone that knows me (especially my family) will tell you that if there is a way to create a crisis or concern out of a situation that I am the president of the club. I over-think the possibilities and build upon that. I expect the worst in every scenario and soon my bruised and scarred soul becomes weak.
I've been reminded (by my husband) that we have choices. God gave us the greatest gift....the gift of will. In every case we have a choice how to react. I can choose to worry and fret about my children or the world economic crisis.But will my uneasiness solve any of the problems? If anything it could end up being a self-fulfilling prophecy.
At least for today I will choose to take the glass that is half full, count my blessings (actually jotting them down would be a good visual) and hand my struggles (real or prematurely fabricated) to God. It would be such a delight to wake up each morning sit with a cup or two of coffee, read an inspiration and move on to the studio knowing that God (the Divine, Higher Power, etc.) will be taking care of all my perplexities.
For today, raise your half full glass of joy and do what makes you happy!
As always.....thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Lynda Schumacher said...

Wheres the 'like' button???
: ))))

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

Hahahahaha!!

Colette Theriault said...

Dianna, my new year's resolution was to tackle my worry issues so I've begun with reading Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" book! Only on chapter 2 but it makes so much sense!

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

Thanks Colette, I'm going to have to look into that book as well! Happy New Year!

Kendra said...

Well said, Dianna!

Teresa Mallen said...

My enjoyment of life radically improved once I gave up worrying and I decided to "cast my care". Who knew surrender could be such bliss? LOL Being mindful of our blessings and being grateful is such a wonderful gift we can give ourselves. It is truly life transforming. So yes, I am a member of the glass half full club. Getting there wasn't easy but it is a journey work committing to.

Congratulations Dianna on choosing to be a glass half full gal!!!

(and I can't wait to see what you are doing for your CSPA entry :-) no pressure though!)

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

Thank you Kendra and Teresa, I agree it is a life long journey. Obstacles approach us daily reminding us to choose to be happy or struggle and fight!
Speaking of struggling, my CPSA entry is just that. :)