Wednesday, February 5, 2014

For You Sally






The Moment of Grace





It seems that I have not posted anything since last June. I apologize to my readers.

Life has been full of surprises. Too many to share but one in particular that I have been longing for...a career based solely around my art.  Soon the family I have been nannying will be moving on to better opportunities in their careers and therefore will be relocating several hundred miles away.

I'm sure that everyone at some point in time has wondered "why this turn of events for me right now?" Well, I am finally trying to get back into my routine of meditation in the morning either with a prayer, a reading, or both. This morning I opened one of my books that contain daily thoughts and lessons for women. I'd like to share it with you. It comes from the book Faith In The Valley by Iyanla Vanzant.

         "Right where you are is where you need to be. Don't fight it! Don't run away from it! Stand firm! Take a deep breath. And another. And another. Stop beating up on yourself: Why is this in my world? What do I need to see? To know about myself through this situation? Breathe again. Now, ask God:
         Blessed and Divine Father, heal me of whatever thought or belief has contributed to the cause of this experience. Bring me the lesson of this experience lovingly and gently. Keep my mind and heart open that I may know the truth. Open my eyes that I may recognize your will. Thank you, God.

        Now breathe. Don't you feel better already?"

         I have finally let go of trying to figure things out but I am working hard at the direction God is pulling me. He has given me the tools but it is up to me to apply them and with grace and dignity.

         Thank you Sally for your compelling e-mail. He place you before me as a reminder to me that I also need to continue blogging my thoughts. He has plans for you, my readers, or myself with my blog.

       Blessings and as always thank you for reading!

No comments: