Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An Emotional Process

       "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous." I love this quote by Albert Einstein. As I began this drawing a few months ago I acknowledged the red leaf and thought it to be parallel with my life at the time. As I grew through the emotions of my life's journey - as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, and christian, I hit walls. Temporarily pausing to pray, meditate, and contemplate my actions and behaviors. Praying for guidance and handing it over to a Higher Power allowed my "artist's block" to crumble and conceded to the impetuous flow of water and color in this drawing. The red leaf has slowly changed from red to orange to an orange-yellow.

Admitting, amending, and accepting enables our souls to move on. We need to not only ask forgiveness but offer it as well. It is in giving that we receive.
"Forgiven"
 
 
As always thank you for reading!


2 comments:

Rebecca Wood said...

I just read about your award in Artists magazine and was blown away by the beauty of your work. I sometimes work in colored pencil but usually don't have the patience for it. Your work displays a beautiful vision and a hopeful patience. I am very encouraged as a Christian and as a young mother by your words here. Thank you!

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

Thank you Rebecca. I take joy and pleasure in my work and I hope that my viewers receive the same. Colored pencil can be time consuming but it can also be meditative and great therapy! God bless Rebecca.