Friday, April 12, 2013

Acceptance....

     The world is changing whether we like it or not. We exhaust ourselves trying to adjust people's attitudes to what WE believe the truth to be. I have my own morals, values, beliefs, and views on politics, religion, relationships, and everything in between and I stand by them. Does this mean I criticize and ridicule those that disagree with me? By no means. Does this mean I agree with the behavior? Absolutely not. I can accept the person but not the behavior. I love that person as a child of God and must understand that behaviors are just that...behaviors. People don't change, their attitudes and behaviors do.

       I came across this inspiration this morning and I believe it clarifies the answer to the every one's problems of today.

       "Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation - some fact of my life unacceptable to me and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I can not be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."
    
  Think about it and as always thank you for reading and may God bless!

2 comments:

Sally J said...

This really speaks to me. It is not our place to judge others. That task belongs to God alone. Thanks for posting this.

Dianna Wallace Soisson said...

I believe all of us need to be reminded of this, especially at difficult times.