Friday, December 7, 2012

Stretching Beyond Our Comfort Zone

If we do what feels comfortable and good, do we ever grow? Do our minds grow? If we do not exercise our bodies, do we stay strong? If we remain stagnate within our community, do we grow in emotional maturity?
Settling for average achievement is missing out on the greatest satisfaction of accomplishing something we never thought possible. In order to succeed we must fail. It is those failures that make us that much stronger and wiser.
There have been many activities I refrained from when growing up as a child and even young adult. I feared the laughter from peers, the disappointment from family, the failure, the guilt, the regret, the frustration, and, those of you that know me, the impatience. Having faith in our Higher Power has allowed me to stretch beyond my comfort zone. My faith has taken me to new levels with my art. It has also taken me to a new level of understanding, acceptance, joy, harmony, and gratitude.
Start with baby steps. Try sushi, I found out I love it! Thank you to Elizabeth and Lynda! Begin a blog. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Journal a daily sentence of gratitude. Test a new recipe. Try a half marathon. Take a ballroom dance lesson. I would love to try that! One of these days I will get over my fear of heights and attempt a hot air balloon ride. That will be a HUGE post if it ever happens!
Remember, fear is the absence of faith.
As always, thank you for reading!

No comments: